ABOUT STAFFORDSHIRE AND STOKE-ON-TRENT SHADOW ICS
Our partnership works together to transform health and care for the people of Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, bringing together local NHS organisations, Stoke-on-Trent City Council, Staffordshire County Council, voluntary sector, and the two Healthwatch organisations. Our partners are committed to changing the way we provide health and care across the county so that it better meets the needs of our local people and improves everyone’s lives. Around 1.1 million people live in Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent, across a geographical area of 1,048 square miles.
Our vision is to work with the population to make Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent the healthiest places to live and work. This means:
- Helping our population live well, for longer, and supporting them to be as independent as possible so we can be there when they need us;
- Delivering care as close to home as possible, ensuring that the experience of health and care is the best it can be; and
- Treating people rather than conditions and giving mental health equal priority to physical health.
- Promote prevention strategies and empower people for self-care and shared decision making;
- Co-ordinate and integrate care, with early intervention and step down where possible and appropriate and greater use of digital technologies; and
- Reduce unwarranted clinical variation, through providing evidence based, effective care and using our workforce in the best way.
We believe that we can achieve these aims across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent by addressing our challenges and providing an effective model of care across our population and geography.
Looking towards the future, we will expect our system success measures to include demonstrable achievements in:
- Delivering care as close to home as possible, ensuring that experience of health and care is the best it can be;
- Treating people rather than conditions and giving mental health equal priority to physical health;
- Development of effective prevention strategies that empower people for self-care and shared decision making.